Saturday, September 25, 2010

Breakfast on the Island-Billie's Fine Foods

We are blessed on the Island in so many ways and having great breakfast options is one of them.




The other morning I went to Billie's Fine Foods (next to Bar 101) to start my day off right. It is probably news to some of you that Billie's is open during normal breakfast hours. I'll admit, I think this was the second time I've been there when it wasn't between 1 and 3 am.


I've had multiple things at Billie's but my current go-to is the cheese omelet with ham and sausage. It's $3.50 for just the cheese version but stuffings (bacon, ham, sausage) are only $.50 each so I figure why not include them? As you can see in this picture, it's a big omelet. As much as I hate to admit it, I didn't finish it all.   The service at Billie's has been excellent everytime I come in.  The food comes out fast, like a breakfast version of Jimmy John's.

One night I came in around 2am and noticed "stuffed pancakes" on the menu.  I then had a conversation with the waitress that went like this:

Me: "What are the pancakes stuffed with?"
Waitress: "Your choice of bacon or sausage"
Me: "Bacon please"

The bacon-stuffed pancakes were almost more amazing than they sound.  She even put some cheesy scrambled eggs on top.  Cover it in syrup and it's delish.

Another example of awesomeness at Billie's is the meatloaf omelet.  I've had it at Billie's and City Diner, and the Billie's version wins, hands down.

Billie's is open Monday-Friday 5:30am-2:30pm. Fridays and Saturdays they reopen at Midnight and serve until 1:30 pm the next day.  Weekend nights they play a movie on the dvd player at the bar.  A friend of mine judges what kind of night he had by seeing if he can remember the Billie's movie he watched the previous night.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment