Sunday, January 2, 2011

Twelfth (12th) Night Tonight. Here's the Map through Soulard


Mardi Gras season officially begins tonight, Thursday, Jan 6th. When I attended my first 12th Night celebration last year, I thought it was just a cool Soulard thing, but now I know that the event is actually real, according to Wikipedia . This marks the end of the Christmas season and the beginning of the Carnival season.

Petitioning begins at 5:30pm and the Parade will start at 7pm.  Meet outside Johnny's. If you haven't been to this before, I would suggest showing up about 6:30pm.

This is something you have to experience to understand so, show up tonight. If you're part of the Twitteratti world, tag your posts with #12nightSoulard


12th Night Parade Route. Courtesy Mardi Gras Inc


No comments:

Post a Comment