Friday, July 8, 2011

New Life for Old Verlin's/Phelan's?



I noticed some work going on in the old Phelan's building at the corner of 8th and Soulard.  The gentleman was nice enough to let me come in and take some pictures. Come to find out he is the guy putting a new business in the building.  I can't divulge too much info about the concept because he asked me not to just yet.  I can say that his name is Chris and he owns another establishment on the other side of the river.

You'll notice that Chris got rid of the awful paint job from Verlin's that made it look like a seedy strip club.  I am hopeful that his place will feature employees that wear actual clothes.

His concept isn't really "out there" but I can tell you it should be a cool place to hang out with a little twist not seen on the Island.  Looking at the records for the property, I don't see that any permits have been listed but who knows. Chris said he was looking at 45 days or so before open, but knowing how things work around here, I would put it closer to 90.  When I know more, I will be sure to post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment