Monday, September 5, 2011

Expand Your Sodastream Options With Rio Syrup

A couple months ago, I decided that I needed a Sodastream.  If you aren't familiar with SodaStream, they make  "home soda makers."  Essentially, they carbonate water and then you add syrup, shake and experience your fantastic carbonated creation. If you know me, you know I have an addiction of sorts to soda.  I decided that I could save money with this over the long run and quit filling my trashcan at home with plastic bottles.  All rational unemployed people decided to pay $100 kitchen gadgets based on their long-term potential, right?  Of course.

There are nutritional benefits to the Sodastream as well.  Take a look at this link.  On average, it's about 1/3 of the calories, carbs, and sugars of leading brands. Sodastream offers around 30 different syrup flavors.  

Your Sodastream comes with a variety pack that lets you sample 12 different flavors.  There is a packet of each flavor that makes the standard one liter of soda.

I got bored with the flavor options and wanted some different options.  Enter Rio Syrup company.  While doing a post about the company and their connection to Soulard, I found out that they started as a soda syrup company.  I got an idea. I shared my idea with Billy Tomber, Rio's Operations Manager, and a Jack-of-all-trades for the Island.  He had me come out to the warehouse and pick out some flavors.  He figured that I would need 5 oz. of syrup to make one liter of soda.  I have no concept of measurement so, he gave me this handy measuring cup. 
So far, my favorite flavors are Banana and Wedding Cake.  I have only tried about six of the 300 flavors, so I have a ways to go.  I am looking forward most to Tiger Blood and Pink Bubble Gum.  The sodas make an excellent mixer for alcoholic drinks.  Try rum with Wedding Cake or Blue Raspberry.

Where can you get all this?  Here's where to get yourself a Sodastream Soda Maker in the area.  Here's where you can order syrups from Rio.  

Let me know if what excellent creations you come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment