|Tap 'N' Run website|
This Saturday, June 6, is packed pretty darn full here in Soulard. Here's what is going on.
- Tap 'N' Run 4k
- The annual "drunk run" as some like to call it goes on Saturday afternoon. Island neighbors are a big part of this thing getting put on. In fact, VOLUNTEERS are still needed for Saturday. This is a great way to meet your neighbors and help make money for the Soulard Restoration Group. I promise volunteering is not hard and actually you are almost guaranteed to have fun. Here's a traffic alert email sent out about Saturday's event. Here's the route map. Expect street closures along the route between 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm. There's no need to move your cars if they are parked there. If you are parked along the route and need to get out, don't expect to do it between those times.
- Warrior Fest
- This will be the second year for Warrior Fest outside of Big Daddy's. I went to this event last year and it was pretty awesome. The event benefits H.E.R.O.E.S. Care, which is a collection of charities that provide support to military families in their communities.The whole event runs from 11am-10pm. Fun stuff for the kids will be available from 11-3 with things like an inflatable dinosaur slide, face-painting, free comics and much more. There will also be various bands on stage playing Blues music and covers. Starting at 5 pm there will be more live music with sets from Divine Sorrow, Madison Rising and Midnight Reveille.The event is free to attend and there will be food and drink stands, raffles and silent auctions. One of those raffles will be for this awesome custom Rhino 308. Drew Ishmael will be emceeing at least a portion of the event. Drew is a guy who will really make you realize what the event is for and how our country is failing in regards to taking care of those who stand up for our freedoms.
- March Against PTSD Pub Crawl
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder among those who serve is a huge issue in this country that isn't really being adequately addressed. The 1st Annual March Against PTSD Pub Crawl will benefit PTSD treatment for Veterans. There will be food & drink specials at the various bars as well as a 50/50 raffle. The event will start at Trueman's Place and end at Cat's Meow where participants can then travel down to Warrior Fest for some live music.
- Good Luck Bar & Grill is hosting Bar-Lympics on Saturday afternoon. Teams of two will compete in Bag Toss, Jumbo Jenga, Washers, Beer Pong & Quarters. The winning team gets a $50 Goood Luck gift certificate. $10 entry fee for each 2-person team.